วันอาทิตย์ที่ 25 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2553

English in daily Life: Informal Contractions



Informal contractions are short forms of other words that people use when speaking casually. They are not exactly slang, but they are a little like slang. For example, "gonna" is a short form of "going to". If you say "going to" very fast, without carefully pronouncing each word, it can sound like "gonna"

คำย่ออย่างไม่เป็นทางการคือ รูปแบบที่สั้นขึ้นของคำต่างๆที่ผู้คนใช้ในการสื่อสารอย่างไม่เป็นทางการในชีวิตประจำวัน คำย่อเหล่านี้ไม่จัดว่าเป็นสแลงแต่ทำหน้าที่คล้ายสแลง คือ เป็นคำย่อหรือสำนวนที่เข้าใจกันเฉพาะกลุ่มแต่ไม่ได้รับการยอมรับว่าถูกต้องตามหลักไวยากรณ์ ดังนั้นอย่านำไปใช้ในข้อสอบเขียนนะคะ เพราะถึงแม้ว่าผู้ตรวจจะเข้าใจแต่จะไม่เป็นที่ยอมรับในภาษาเขียนค่ะ แต่มีการใช้กันอย่างกว้างขวางในกลุ่มของเจ้าของภาษาเอง ดังนั้น วันนี้เราจึงนำคำย่อที่ไม่เป็นทางการเหล่านี้มาฝากกันนะคะ เช่นคำว่า ‘gonna’ เป็นคำย่อของ ‘going to’ ถ้าคุณพูดคำว่า ‘going to’ หลายๆครั้งซ้ำกันอย่างรวดเร็ว เสียงของคุณก็จะเพี้ยนจาก โกอิ้ง ทู เป็น กอนนา ค่ะ

We normally use them only when speaking fast and casually, for example with friends. Some people never use them, even in informal speech. It is probably true to say that informal contractions are more common in American English.

อย่าลืมว่าคำย่อเหล่านี้สามารถใช้ได้ในภาษาพูดในกลุ่มของบุคคลที่อาจจะสนิทกันในระดับหนึ่ง เช่น เพื่อนหรือครอบครัวค่ะ และคำย่อเหล่านี้ได้รับความนิยมมากว่าในภาษาอังกฤษแบบอเมริกันมากกว่าภาษาอังกฤษแบบบริติชค่ะ คำย่อเหล่านี้สามารถพบได้ง่ายมากในเพลง และภาพยนตร์ภาษาอังกฤษค่ะ

For Example:

  • ain't = am not/are not/is not
    I ain't sure.
    (I am not sure.)
    ฉันไม่มั่นใจ

  • ain't = has not/have not
    She ain't finished yet.
    (She has not finished it.)
    เธอยังทำไม่เสร็จ
  • gimme = give me
    Gimme your money.
    (Give me your money.)

    ส่งเงินเธอมาให้ฉันนะ
  • gonna = going to
    Nothing's gonna change my love for you.
    (Nothing is going to change my love for you.)
    ไม่มีอะไรจะเปลี่ยนความรักที่ผมมีต่อคุณได้
  • gotta = (have) got to
    I gotta go now.
    (I got to go now.)
    ฉันต้องไปแล้วล่ะ
  • kinda = kind of
    She's kinda cute.
    (She is kind of cute.)
    เธอค่อนข้างน่ารัก
  • lemme = let me
    Lemme go!
    (Let me go!)
    ปล่อยฉันไปนะ
  • wanna = want to
    I wanna go home.
    (I want to go home.)
    ฉันอยากกลับบ้าน
  • wanna = want a
    I wanna coffee.
    (I want a coffee.)
    ฉันต้องการกาแฟ
  • whatcha = what are you/ what have you
    Whatcha going to do?
    (What are you going to do?)

    คุณกำลังจะทำอะไรน่ะ


ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: